1. Californian Cobb salad (USA) : This cobb salad is an American speciality which is prepared using chicken (grilled or boiled), chives, Roquefort cheese, red-wine vinaigrette, bacon, avocado, cheese and eggs. It's believed that this dish was found in the year 1930 at Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant in America and later became a signature dish for the restaurant. It is named after the owner's name Robert Howard cobb.
This salad hails its origin from Italy and is typically made using bread slices soaked in olive oil, onion, tomato, vinegar and salt.
4. Gado-Gado (Indonesia): The term 'gado-gado' means 'mix-mix'. This Indonesian salad is made with a range of ingredients consisting chayote, tofu, tempeh, potatoes, string beans, cabbage, corn, all of which are glazed with peanut butter sauce. It's extensively served at many Indonesian restaurants around the world.
5. Israeli Salad (Israel): It is also known as the Arab salad and is one of the most conventional national dishes in Israel. It consists of finely chopped vegetables. Chefs often compete with each other as to who could chop the smallest pieces. This salad is one key part of Israel's traditional breakfast.
7. Spicy Ramen Noodle Salad(Asia): This wonderful noodle salad is full of fresh ingredients which includes carrots, green and purple garbage, roasted almonds, chicken and ramen noodles. The dressing is sweet, tangy and full of Asian flavours.
9. Fiambre (Guatemala): It is a traditional Guatemalan dish that is cooked and eaten every year to celebrate the Day of the Dead. This salad is served cold which consists up to 50 ingredients. Ingredients usually include various sausages and cold cuts, pickled corn and onion, beets, pacaya flower, variety of cheeses, olives, chicken, and even Brussels sprouts. The recipe for this salad may vary from generation to generation and family to family.
These exotic salads are quite scrumptious and healthy at the same time. Go and savour them right away!