Cow milk is packed with nutrients like calcium, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and fat, all of these are extremely vital for the development and growth of our body.
1. According to Bangalore based nutritionist Dr. Anju Sood, cow milk consists of a lower fat content than buffalo milk; hence it is lighter and easily digestible.
2. According to the book, 'Healing Foods' by DK Publishing, cow milk is "a good source of protein and calcium and is high in phosphorous and vitamin B12."
3. Heart health: Cow milk is loaded with calcium that may help reduce the risk of hypertension by keeping blood vessels elastic. Cow milk also has rich quantity of healthy fats that helps keep blood pressure in check. According to the book 'Healing Foods', cow milk has decent quantity of Conjugated Liboleic Acid (CLA). CLA helps lower cholesterol and prevent hardening of arteries.
4. Weight loss friendly: A treasure trove of proteins, cow milk is your best companion if you are looking to lose weight. Its calcium and vitamin D content also helps body burn calories by increasing the metabolism of fat.
5. Brain Food : Cow milk is a good source of B vitamins which ensures healthy functuning of brain, nervous system and sleep wake cycles.
6. Stronger Bones: Cow milk contains calcium and a decent amount of Vitamin D, together the combination promotes strong and healthy bones. Regular milk staves off risks of osteopenia, osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
So what are you waiting for? Load up on this nutritional wonder already!