The voting in these municipal corporations was held on December 16.
CHANDIGARH: BJP leads in all Mayoral posts in five Haryana municipal corporations – Karnal, Panipat, Yamunanagar, Rohtak and Hisar – is currently underway on Wednesday. The voting in these municipal corporations was held on December 16.
This is the first time that elections are being held for the posts of mayors. 59 candidates which include 40 men and 19 women, contested the election for the seats of Mayor. This was also the first time in the electoral history of municipal elections in the country that none of the above (NOTA) option was introduced in the electronic voting machines (EVMs).
The overall percentage in these elections remained 69.39, Singh said. For the first time in the electoral history of municipal elections in the country that none of the above (NOTA) option was introduced in the electronic voting machines (EVMs).
Here are the live updates of Haryana municipal corporations results from counting centres.
* In Karnal Ward 1, BJP candidate Naveen wins by lottery. Both Naveen and his rival both got 2293 votes.
* BJP also leading in Yamunanagar. Mayor candidates Madan Chauhan ahead in initial trends.
* Reports of INLD candidate Sanchit Nandal leading from Rohtak emerges.
* The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) had contested the elections on their respective party symbols. However, the Congress chose not to use the party symbol for candidates which have been backed by the party.
* The INLD is in alliance with the BSP and Congress has supported an Independent mayoral candidate Asha Wadhwa to take on BJP candidate and outgoing Mayor Renu Bala Gupta in Karnal. In other four towns also, the Congress supported Independent mayoral candidates. The INLD-BSP alliance fielded its candidates for mayoral polls in four towns while the BJP fielded its candidates for the election of Mayor and ward councillors in all five corporations.