The monkey fell down after receiving an electric shock
Assistant Sub-Inspector Yashodha from Kalaburagi in Karnataka has won hearts on Twitter for saving the life of a feral monkey. The monkey was saved by ASI Yashodha after it got electrocuted and fell to the ground. The cop first took the monkey home to administer first aid and then took it to a veterinary hospital, thereby saving its life.
"I was on my way to Yellamma Temple when I saw a huge crowd gathered on the road," ASI Yashodha told news agency ANI. "When I peeked in, I saw a monkey who had fallen down after receiving a current shock. His eye was bleeding."
Though others refused to pick the monkey up, scared that it would bite, ASI Yashodha stepped up and took the primate home first and then to a hospital.
Though its condition was initially serious, the monkey is now much better, reports a vet from the hospital to ANI.
Today, the little monkey lives with ASI Yashodha and they are good friends.
"He's become like a kid in the house now," says a smiling ASI Yashodha.
"I request everyone to help animals, they are mute and can't ask for help," appeals the cop.