"I never thought I would see my son in such a condition."
New Delhi: Accusing the administration over the death of her seven-year-old son in Ryan International school, the inconsolable mother of class II student said that how will parents send their children to school if they could not even ensure basic safety for children.
Talking to ANI, the mother of the deceased child said,"My son did not even know the bus conductor as he never traveled in bus,we used to drop and pick him."
Speaking to leading daily The Indian Express, the heart-broken father had earlier said,“They cut my poor boy. The doctors told me the killer stabbed him twice. There was a big scar starting from his ear to the throat. His ear had been cut, and two flaps of skin exposed the insides of his throat. I never thought I would see my son in such a condition."
On the other hand, tight security arrangements have been made outside the school to ward off any untoward incident. Yesterday, hours after the incident, hundreds of worried parents staged protests outside the school and Gurugram Police Commissioner's office demanding justice for the boy's family.
Earlier in the day, The Ryan International School had expressed grief and assured cooperation in the investigation.
A statement released by the school authority stated that, "We are deeply saddened by the tragic incident that occurred at our school today, involving a class II student. He had suffered critical injuries and was immediately rushed to the hospital by the school head-Neerja Batra. Despite all attempts, unfortunately his life could not be saved due to his injuries".
"The police are investigating this matter and we have assured our full support and co-operation towards the investigation of the same. The perpetrators of this heinous crime must be dealt with appropriate action. Our hearts and prayers are with the family," the statement further noted.
Hours after the incident, the Gurugram Police confirmed that the accused bus conductor who was arrested in the murder case of Ryan International School student tried to sexually assault the lad before killing him.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Simardeep Singh told that accused Ashok, a resident village Ghamroj in Haryana, killed the boy when he tried to raise an alarm.
"The accused is a bus conductor and was arrested. He attempted to sexually assault the boy, when boy raised an alarm he killed the boy. During the preliminary investigation, the accused tried to sexually assault the child," the DCP told the media.
The Gurugram Police earlier in the day detained at least three suspects after the student was found dead in the washroom of Ryan International School here.
The detained suspects included a bus conductor, a driver and a school staff member.
Speaking to the media, school caretaker Neerja Batra said that the kid was alive when they saw him lying in the pool of blood.
"The child was looking serious. We didn't lose a minute. The kid was alive when we saw him lying in the pool of blood. We took him to the hospital immediately. Police are here to investigate the matter and after investigation one can say from where the knife came inside the school premises," she added.
Also, State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) K Krishan said that the matter has been taken very seriously.
"We are taking the matter very seriously. A Team is already there in the school to find what happened and ensure it never recurs," he said.
The father of the victim had said that it was a "clear case of murder." The body of the class II student with his throat slit was found inside the toilet of the school located at Bhondsi in Gurugram on Friday.