Easy to follow, these pointers will ensure you stay in control this festive season
Founder of A-Tone Fitness Lounge and Bollywood celebrity trainer, Yasmin Karachiwala’s partner Anjali Chandiramani shares her tips to be fit and fine this festive season.
● Workout! Workout! Workout! We can’t stress enough how important it is to burn those calories as you consume them. Diwali is a busy period, so try to work out in the morning to get it out of the way. If you don’t have time for the gym, go for a walk (or run) or do some bodyweight exercises at home. This will help you not pile up those pounds during an indulgent season.
● Eat a healthy, protein filled breakfast. This will keep you full for longer and that fat content in the breakfast will reduce unhealthy cravings. Trying to avoid breakfast due to a big Diwali lunch is actually not a good idea.
● Choose wisely. A grilled chicken has way less calories than a fried chicken. It’s tempting to have that bread basket but choose the salad as your appraiser. These small changes will go a long way.
● If you do have a sweet tooth and cannot avoid desserts, then portion control is the key. Try to have one spoon or share your desert, instead of ordering one each.
● Balance your food. If you know you have a big dinner coming up, balance your day with healthy meals and enjoy your dinner. That way you avoid bad results and still indulge.
● “ATONE” for your sins. We all deserve to cheat and enjoy but it’s important to make up for it by eating some good fats and proteins (avoid carbohydrate) in the next meal.