The typhoid diet should make up for carbs and fat content in the body. Protein-based foods are an extremely important part of the typhoid diet.Here's what you should eat and avoid when suffering from typhoid.
1. A high-calorie diet is recommended for all patients suffering from typhoid. High amount of calories in the body prevent the weight loss that takes place due to typhoid fever. High-calorie food items include pasta, boiled potatoes, white bread and bananas.
2. It is important to provide your body as many fluids as you can. Typhoid causes severe diarrhea and fever which can lead to dehydration. Dehydration during typhoid can lead to a lot of complications during the treatment. Eat food items that are high in water content and drink lots of fresh fruit juice.
3. Eat food that is high in carbohydrate content. Semi solid food can be easy to digest for a typhoid patient. Boiled rice, baked potato and poached eggs are beneficial for the body during typhoid fever.
4. Dairy products should be consumed in high quantities when suffering from typhoid fever.
5. A typhoid diet should include yogurt and eggs. They are easier to digest as compared to meat and can make up for protein deficiency in the body. Vegetarians can eat legumes and cottage cheese that are high in protein content too.
6. Food items rich in omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce inflammation in the body.
1. Avoid high fiber foods as such food items can distress your digestive system.
2. Avoid vegetables like cabbage and capsicum as they cause gas and bloating.
4. Spicy and acetic acid foods like chilli, hot sauce and vinegar should be kept at bay.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Also read: Here's Why You Need to Eat A High-Fibre Diet