Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Varapuzha house attack: 3 surrender

5 May, 2018 5:43 PM
79 0

House owner at Varapuzha had ended life

Three persons wanted by the police in connection with the house attack case in Varapuzha surrendered before the Judicial First Class Magistrate here on Saturday.

They have been identified as Vibin, Ajith K.B., and Sreejith Madhalakkaran, all natives of Devaswompadam in Varapuzha. They are respectively the first, second and third accused in the case pertaining to the attack on the residence of C.M. Vasudevan on April 6, eventually leading to his suicide. The accused have been remanded in custody for 14 days. The Special Investigation Team has moved a petition to get them in custody for a detailed interrogation. Preliminary investigation revealed that the trio had gone into hiding following Vasudevan’s suicide.

The accused later told the media that S.R. Sreejith, victim in the Varapuzha custodial death case, had no role in the house attack case.

Official sources said Sreejith had been mistakenly taken into custody for Thulasidas, alias Sreejith, another accused in the house attack case. The Crime Branch, in a report submitted to the Ernakulam Additional Sessions Court earlier, had confirmed that Sreejith and nine others were wrongly arraigned as accused in the case over the suicide of Vasudevan.

Meanwhile, an investigation team was sent to Thiruvananthapuram on Saturday to probe the anonymous threat letter received by Sreejith’s family. The letter had asked the family to withdraw its complaint.

Source: thehindu.com

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0